Friday, April 18, 2014

A dressy dress made casual...


Bernie Dexter dresses are one of my absolute favourite brands of dresses.  I purchased my first last year, the "I'm All Cheers in Sundae Best", and it really started an addiction.  Her dresses are all easily dressed up or down, which makes them extremely versatile.  I bought this particular dress for my Christmas dress, and at first I couldn't picture it any other way than dressy. Now, I've styled it several times that enable me to wear it as an every-day dress.


cardigan: local shop
purse: lux de ville
belt: target


 In my first two posts (1, 2) with this dress, you can see that I had the sleeves altered on it to make it a bit dressier.  Sometimes I regret altering it, because the longer sleeves did make it more casual and easier to wear every-day, but I also like that the little tweak made it dressier for events.  It also makes it much more comfortable under cardigans, which I tend to wear most days.






post signature

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I like Bernie Dexter dresses, though they are usually out of my price range. :\

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful outfit, I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty. I have yet to buy a Bernie Dexter dress, but you look so lovely in them <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable, as you are. I especially like how the purse and shoes round out the outfit.

    ReplyDelete