so i spotted this on a few blogs, and i thought i'd join in as well, even though i wasn't tagged.
here are the rules:
1. post these rules.
2. post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. go to their blog/twitter and tag them.
1. i have no idea how to clean my glasses, and so i sit here gathering smudges and dirt daily.
2. i love carbs. a lot. and right now i'm trying to cut back... i feel deprived.
3. i'm a dance-a-holic. i'm addicted to wii just dance. i dance in the car, i dance in my office, and i dance as i walk. it's rather embarrassing, but i have no control over it. it just happens when there's a good song on!
4. i don't tend to like a lot of new music. especially pop. i'm realizing i'm becoming 'old'... my favourite radio stations are 60s, 80s, 90s, classic vinyl and classic rewind. anything else i just tend to flip through.
5. i love sheldon. as in big bang theory sheldon. i want a sheldon of my very own. complete with superhero tshirts please.
6. i'm an only child. did you know? i hate it. i still wish i had siblings.
7. i'm addicted to classic cartoons that i watched growing up. jem, she-ra, my little ponies, he-man, rainbow brite, transformers, voltron... i want them all on dvd.
8. i'm very predictable food-wise. i have my 'usual' at every restaurant i go to. it's a different 'usual' at each place, so i tend to base my restaurant-choice on what i'm in the mood to eat, not where. it's rare that i try anything new. even the movie theatre: dill pickle popcorn and orange crush. if they ever ran out, i don't know what i'd do. possibly walk out of the theatre right then and there.
9. i'm not a vegetarian ('yet' as people tend to say), but meat freaks me out. i look at it, and see the animal or body part of the animal. i tend to eat boneless everything. a whole chicken or turkey? i can't watch when my mother cooks/prepares it. i will be a horrible housewife.
10. i'm obsessed with my teeth. i brush/floss regularly. i whiten. i look forward to dentist appointments. i have zero fillings, and considering i had braces, my dentist tells me that's quite the feat. yes, i'm proud.
11. i sometimes dream in french. i'm not french. i understand quite a bit, but i very rarely attempt to speak it. however, i'm fluent in my dreams.
'original' 11 Questions... (that you may spot on other people's blogs)
1. If money, schooling or time was no obstacle, what career would you choose?
i have answers to this... my dream one, and my realistic one... due to the fact that i always assumed i would be married with kids at the age of 30, i tried to keep my 'plans' somewhat focused on that. right now, with my life as it is, if i could do anything, i would love to be in paleontology. 23 years after learning that there was actually a study of dinosaurs, i still find it beyond fascinating, and i would love to be doing that, going on digs... however, on the realistic side, if money was no object, i'd love to own a cafe/restaurant. LOVE. maybe someday.
2. What’s the one thing you look forward to every day?
coffee. exciting, right? but now that i've discovered flavours and creamer, i LOVE coffee.
3. What is your number one, all-time, favorite blog?
i would have to say tieka, katie or emily. i can't choose. they're all so sweet, and different. i love their style and stories.
4. Biggest online pet peeve?
facebook drama. really? what's the point? it's a place to share with friends and stay connected... not a place to publicly diss everyone. so not a fan of it.
to kill a mockingbird. i just love it.
6. What would your “last meal” be?
a breakfast buffet at cora's. where i could sample everything that i can never decide between.
7. Do you believe in love at first sight?
no. i like to pretend it's true, but it's chemistry at first sight. then, sometimes, once said person opens his mouth and words come out of it, that 'love at first sight' turns to repulsion at first sound.
8. What would your ideal Sunday morning consist of?
coffee, delicious breakfast (eggs benedict?), and wandering around a city, window shopping. then going to a park and relaxing under a tree.
9. Why do you blog?
to keep me motivated to try new styles, think outside of the box, and hopefully inspire other people with my outfits, like so many other bloggers do for me :)
10. If you had to choose one color to wear forever, what would you pick?
red. it looks good with my pale complexion and green eyes. not to mention it's a classic colour.
11. What is your all-time favorite band?
the tragically hip. love them then, love them now, love the memories i have from their music.
i like these 11 questions, and the fact that comparing people's answers are fun. i'll stick with these, so now you get to answer them!