Monday, October 28, 2013

birthday outfit...


This is what I wore on my birthday, to my family supper.  The dress was a gift from my parents, and I just had to wear it right away.  Coincidentally, it was complimented perfectly by a vintage scarf I recently picked up as well! 
 

It's rare that I find a vintage dress that I love that's actually in my size.  Most vintage clothing tends to be rather small, so when I spotted this fun novelty print dress, with my measurements, I immediately added it to my birthday wishlist.  Bless my mother, she went online and snatched it up right away.  And because of this being so out of character for her, I actually thought someone else bought it and was so disappointed.  So today's surprise birthday gift was pretty exciting!
 
The print is so fun! And so many variations of blues, grays and greens in it... It'll be a fun item to style different ways.  Although I was pretty impressed with my styling today, and I think it might be hard to beat. Especially with the freshly red hair. 


     dress: gift, vintage (etsy)
     belt: forever 21
     scarf: thrifted ($2!!)
     shoes: chelsea crew via modcloth
     tights & petticoat: american apparel

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos, and I love this dress! What exactly is the print?? So fun! Hope your birthday was lovely!!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete