Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A Jewel of a Dress...


This dress was one of my first fit & flare dresses.  I bought it for my Christmas dress three years ago. I loved it's vintage influence, it's jewel tone colour, and how easily it's dressed up or down.  And yet it sits in the back of my closet (so-to-speak) except at Christmas-time.  I decided it was time to pull it out and write a little post about it, because it deserved to get some attention. And it perfectly matched a belt some co-workers picked up for me on a recent business trip, which I've been anxious to wear! 


 custom dress: etsy
belt: gift
shoes: ruche


I'm definitely going to have to start wearing this dress on a more regular, casual basis... maybe paired with polka-dot tights and a cardigan! Also, is it just me, or after getting used to vintage/vintage-style dresses, does anything above the knee seem "short"?? 

post signature

6 comments:

  1. This dress looks so great on you! The belt is adorable, too. That's so nice that your co-workers picked it up for you!

    ~Bristol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty dress! Love the colour.
    Yeah I really agree about above the knee dresses after getting used to knee-length or longer. Makes me feel over-exposed lol.

    Amber Jade
    Fairytales and Following Trails
    http://fairytalesandfollowingtrails.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about above-the-knee seeming short... You are so lucky to have colleagues who buy you a piece as beautiful as that belt! The colour of your dress is great, and for once it is a colour that would suit me too! By the way, your hat from yesterday was magnificent. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous color! I adore the rich emerald green of your dress. And yes! If I wear anything over my knee now I always feel so un-dressed, plus, then I start worrying about the wind blowing my skirt up, or flashing people when I bend over... Once you get used the longer length/midi styles it's funny how anything else feels strange. :D

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fit and flare is my all time favourite dress shape, I don't think you can go wrong with it! Especially in green. I just adore green clothes!

    ~ K
    bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete