Friday, February 07, 2014

Dresses that chirp...


This week, I heard a sound that's not usually associated with winter. At least not East Coast Canadian winters. Birds chirping.  While we do have a few birds that do stay for the winter, you don't usually see many of them unless you're in the woods.  Sunday was another unusually warm day for us, and I heard them. Little birds chirping. And so I felt that wearing this dress was a must!


dress: gift (modcloth)
cardigan: local shop
belt: target
shoes: swedish hasbeens via amazon



I usually save this dress for the spring and summer. It's one of those really seasonal dresses. It's so colourful, so pairing it with tights and a cardigan usually seems like a lot of colours. But paired with some neutrals, like the tights, help to tone it down enough for layers. I also have to say, these swedish hasbeens with tights are my new favourite! So versatile! I'm definitely loving my decision to purchase these! 

post signature

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos as usual. Loving that dress and cardigan!

    I cannot wait til spring to finally hear the birds all the time again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dress, And basically the colours of your outfit. Ugh so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything about this outfit is just lovely. You are easily a favourite of mine for some outfit inspiration!

    ~ K

    bluehairinbelgium.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete