Sunday, January 22, 2012

who wears short shorts?

black shorts, styled casually and dressy


 i thought it would be fun to style the same top and shorts two ways, to show how easy it is to create different looks and feels in a matter of minutes.




in my first look, which i dub the 'casual' look, i added the top and shorts with some black tights, because it's cold here.  any short pieces definitely need tights to keep the legs warm.  i added a belt for shape, but i left my top untucked, for a more comfy-casual look.  adding a beanie and black cowboy boots finished off my outfit. 




 in my second oufit, i tucked the blouse in, to make the outfit 'neater'.  i kept the belt, because i like having a defined waist.  i took off the beanie, and honestly, i would probably wear my hair in a high ballerina bun with this outfit, to even make it a bit more posh.  while i kept my black tights, i traded in my cowboy boots for black t-strap shoes.  



         blouse, shorts: ruche
         boots: marrs, aldo
         shoes: chelsea crew nolita's, lulu's
         beanie: urban oufitters
         tights: we love colors
         belt: melissa's
         necklace: etsy

    .....

there you have it.  a very simple way to dress up or dress down short shorts and a blouse.




No comments:

Post a Comment