Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Liebster Award

Last week, the sweet girls from Junebugs and Georgia Peaches nominated me for the "Liebster Blog Award."  Thank goodness they posted a little description on what it was, because I had no idea.

Jessica said that the Liebster Award has been bouncing around the blogging universe for a while now.  Basically, the person who receives it answers a set of questions from the previous recipient (the person who in turn gave it to them) and then creates the same number of questions to be answered by those that they pass it along to. This is done as a way of both getting to know your fellow bloggers better and also letting your readers in on more about yourself, your blogs, and your thoughts on various topics. I'm so flattered that Amanda and Katie (aka June & Amelia) chose me as one of the girls to nominated!

Questions from June & Amelia:

1. What is your favourite non-fashion related hobby?
Thrifting! I know, you're probably thinking "That's fashion related."  Trust me, in small town Northern-NB, thrifting is limited. And finding vintage clothing? Practically non-existent. But we definitely have some great places for finding vintage furniture and home decor. We actually have the biggest antique shop in all of Atlantic Canada! I absolutely love going there and wandering around, even if I don't actually buy anything. 

2. If you had a super power, what would it be?
I think my super power would be to fly! I've actually had a lot of dreams that I could fly, so I feel like it's meant to be... maybe not in this life, but at some time! 

3. What is your favourite place that you have ever visited?
Alas, I haven't traveled very much... I'm not sure that I'd say it's my favourite place, but the one that popped in my head was this tiny island called Deer Island. We went there two summers ago on the bike. It's only 45 kilometers long, but the people were so friendly, and there were small wharves all over the island. It was very scenic. 


4. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
I think my adaptability is my favourite thing about myself. Situations change so easily, I think it's a strong character trait to be open to change.

5. Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they?
I have three pets. Chloe, who is my almost-15-year-old Himalayan. She's been with me since I graduated high school. She's moved around with me, been on planes, and 12-hour-road trips. Hendrix, who is my goofball pitbull who I'm sure you've seen in several of my blog posts. And Lucy, who was Dominic's cat, and is now one of my lovable fur-kids. She's a fat cat with a lot of curiosity, and always makes me laugh (when she's not waking me up in the middle of the night to lay on my pillow and lick my hair).

6. What is your favourite makeup product?
Red lipstick! I absolutely love wearing red lipstick. I have several shades and brands. Lately, I'm loving my Besamé Cosmetics Red Hot Red lipstick. Such a perfect hue!

7. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
Don't I wish. What you see is pretty much what you get. Although I am pretty killer at the Wii Just Dance games... I'm not sure I'd call that a talent though.

8. What is your favourite piece of clothing?
You want me to choose just one?? Man, the ladies who nominated me are tough! Off the top of my head, I would say my pie dress. I know, that was hard to predict. I waited so long for it to come back in stock (and I have to say, it's been back in stock ever since, and I feel like my 6 month wait was unfair!!), and now that I have it, I absolutely love it!
9. If you could go back in time and attend a party (think Cinderella), whose party would it be?
I'd have to say the Mad-Hatter's Tea Party, if I get to think Cinderella and chose ANY party. A party full of unique, crazy characters... filled with gorgeous teacups and all sorts of biscuits and desserts?? What's not to love?

10. If you could erase one fashion faux-pas from your teenage years, what would it be?
Fashion faux-pas' in the 90s?? I'm going to say baggy t-shirts. And I mean, over-the-top, three sizes too big t-shirts. Yes, that was actually in style at the time. Clearly it wasn't a flattering look for anyone. I'd love to share a photo, but thankfully the digital photography world wasn't big then, and so I don't actually have any digital photos of those days. So upsetting!

11. Favourite book or author?
I have two that I can't decide between... 1. To Kill a Mocking Bird. I read this book in high school, and actually loved it. I love the characters, the problems they face and the grace Atticus has in every situation. The humour. The heroes. 2. Harry Potter. I can't choose just one of the books, but I'd say definitely from 4-7, when the characters get older and the story line gets darker. I've re-read those books so many times, and every time, I laugh, I cry, and I'm completely absorbed in that world. A true escape from reality. 
Basic Instructions are to make a post, answer the below questions, link back to the page that nominated you, and in turn nominate 11 more blogs and supply them with a list of 11 questions. I didn't nominate 11 blogs, but that's the general idea.  Think "blogs with under 1,000-ish followings."  Also don't forget to let the bloggers you  nominated know that you did so. You're under no obligation to participate, it is just for fun!  If you don't feel like answering all these, know that I "nominated" you because I want to know more about you and love your blog!

I nominate:
Alexandra Marie of Into the Woods
Delores of Wandering Past

My questions for you lovely ladies:

1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite non-fashion related hobby?
3. What is your favourite place that you have ever visited?
4. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
5. Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they?
6. What is your favourite makeup product?
7. Would you rather live back in your favourite era or would you prefer to stay in present day? Why?
8. What is your favourite piece of clothing?
9. What is the one hobby/activity you would like to learn to do but haven't yet?
10. If you could erase one fashion faux-pas from your teenage years, what would it be?
11. Favourite movie?
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Your answers are amazing! I am having SO much fun reading these responses! I'd just like to say that being awesome at Just Dance is totally a hidden talent... I'm the best Harry Potter Lego Wizard around and proud of it! haha.

    Also, I love that you're also a Harry Potter fan! Book 3 is my personal favorite. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so, so much for nominating me, Jana! I absolutely love your blog, and I'm so flattered that you like mine enough to want to learn more about me!! I'll answer these questions in a post this week. :-D

    ReplyDelete