Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Red Retro...


I love red. I love retro. Put them together and you've got one happy lady. I have to say, it doesn't get much more retro than this... Sparkly vinyl, cherries, red collar, spectator shoes. Four definitions of retro style if you ask me.


blouse & skirt: modcloth
purse: lux de ville
brooch: luxulite
cardigan: local shop



Since getting my first Luxulite brooch, I've been wanting to wear it every day. Last weekend, I was feeling casual, so I style it with this blouse/cardigan combination. The difference? I wore dark jeans and black cowboy boots. Loved it! It's definitely going to be one of my go-to winter casual looks, that's for sure. I was going to style it that way for the blog, but my jeans were in the wash. I was just too excited, so I paired it with my black skirt and red baits. I have to say, while I like this look, I have a hard time wearing so much black! It's not a problem if it's a dress... but a black top and skirt just feels so dark! Thank goodness for all the pops of colour!



I've been having a hard time blogging again recently. Not for lack of motivation. I feel like I'm finally getting back on track. With the time changing, it's almost dark when I get home from work now, so I'm finding I need to take pictures outside for decent lighting. As you can see, we've already gotten snow, so that's a challenge with shoes, and temperatures of course. This weekend was a busy one, and I didn't get a chance to take a slew of photos for the upcoming week, like I normally do. I feel like I need to plan a photo-schedule, just for taking pictures! Wish me luck!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL. The top and skirt look like a coat dress. I love the pop of red!

    Miranda
    Little Gold Pocket Watch

    ReplyDelete