Thursday, January 02, 2014

1940s style...



I justified buying this dress in two ways: 1. I had a really bad work day my last week of work before my holidays, and retail therapy was a must, 2. I ordered it from a Canadian shop, so no duty!


I had my eye on this dress at modcloth for a while, and it went out of stock and didn't come back in my size.  I spotted it at Rowena, which is a Canadian site, and they had one (1!!!) left in my size.  It seemed a bit to fate-ish to not order it.  It's a hell bunny dress, and is just as amazing as my other hell bunny purchase.  It's a tad big, but I don't think I could have sized down.  I have to say, I feel so classy in it.  The fabric is very soft and flowy, and it flutters when I walk. 



I also ordered some back-seam tights, which have been on my wishlist for some time to pair with Bernie Dexter dresses.  I ordered 2 pairs, just to make sure I had a spare when these get a run, which undoubtedly they will, as I'm pretty rough on my tights. Having three cuddly pets also results in ruined tights pretty regularly.




     dress: hell bunny via rowena
     tights: leg avenue via rowena
     shoes: aldo (old)
     flower: forever21
     lipstick: besame red hot red

2 comments:

  1. It was definitely a sign to get it! So beautiful :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful dress and it suits you so very much. I love the seamed stockings, they add such a nice touch. ♡

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete