Saturday, March 31, 2012

maiden braids...



i love my long hair. really i do. but some days, i'm just not in the mood to deal with styling it.  or having it in my face all day.  i had one of those days last week. the great thing about braids is they hold the hair back all day, and it looks like it took a lot of time and effort to do your hair. actuality? it takes just a few short minutes.



i know, mine are pretty messy.  this is the result of a monday though.  they were much neater at the start of the day.  the tricky part to a wrap around braid is when you have to switch hands.  my tendancy is to braid backwards, which ends up unbraiding what i've already done.  i'm better at braiding from left to right, with my right hand as being the 'lead hand'.  my trick? i have a full length mirror in my closet, so i open my door and angle it so i can see my reflection from my dresser mirror.  that way i have a mirror in the front and back.  once i've braided as far as i can and it's time to switch, instead of actually switching, i just hold it with my other hand, then reach over with my original braiding hand and continue.  



     top, skirt: ruche
     cardi, shoes: melissa's
     necklace: vintage
     glasses: rayban new wayfarers

No comments:

Post a Comment